Today we are announcing Cape May Locals Podcast platform. Currently there are five episodes available for listening and or downloading. Recorded live to tape, the Locals feature timely topics of news, politics and tourism.
Every Friday for the last several months the Locals Radio program has aired on the Center for Community Arts WCFA-Lp.org radio station. The Locals Radio is heard at 101.5 FM from Cape May to Avalon and streams on the organizations website.
In order of broadcast the five shows available on the Cape May podcast platform for free are listed here.
- episode-8 with David LaPuma talking birding in Cape May.
- episode-9 with Mayor-elect Clarence Chuck Lear discussing his platform for Cape May
- episode-11 Talking wine with Willow Creek’s Kevin Celli
- episode-12 Chatting about Congress Hall’s history with Curtis Bashaw and Myra Vassian.
- episode-13 in our most recent program we sat down with the administrator of the Cool Cape May Facebook page Ben Miller.
We’ve recorded most episodes at either Uncle Bill’s Pancake House in Cape May or North Cape May. Tom Hogan works the sound board and edits the final recording. He is an unsung hero.
On the first episode we interviewed Jack Wright of Exit Zero Publishing. We learned among other things that Jack started out as a pool boy at Congress Hall.
Vicky Clark, Dillon Mullock, Doreen Talley and Mark Allen have covered everything from business to fishing and events on other programs . Virtually everything is on the table when we sit around the microphone. In almost every episode we learn something surprising and interesting about our guest.
Zach Mullock and Patricia Gray Hendricks, who were candidates for Cape May City Council, sat down with the program hosts and discussed their respective platforms. Mayor Edward Mahaney had been invited via email to join us.
Eventually all thirteen episodes will be available to enjoy. Please feel free to leave us feed back on each recording or on the blog or Facebook page. We would appreciate it.